One of the most frequent questions we get is: How much should I water my plants?
All houseplants should not be watered exactly the same.
Broadly, they can be broken into 3 categories
- (Keep moist): water plentifully allowing much water to run out.
- Typically every 5-10 days - the top layer of soil can dry.
- Marantas, Calatheas, Lilies, Spiders
- (Semi-dry): water just until water comes from the bottom.
- Typically every 10-20 days - the top few inches of soil should dry.
- Rubber trees, Figs, Philodendrons, Pothos, Monsteras
- (Let soil dry): water sparingly until soil has absorbed some, but don’t soak.
- Typically every 20+ days - the top half of the pot should be dry.
- Snakes, ZZs, Succulents
More on Social Media Channels: